Thursday 6 August 2009

From the Past

Dreams I had when I was little...

It is my birthday. I am Wonder Woman. Not dressed up as Wonder Woman - I am Wonder Woman. All my superhero friends are coming to my party. Superman comes, Spiderman, Batman, He-Man; all the greats. It is the best party ever.

***

I am asleep in my bed when I am woken by an intense fear. I realise I have done something wrong and the devil is coming to take me to Hell. I run. He is chasing me. I go from room to room trying to escape. He is made out of electricity, fuzzy and glowing. He makes a crackling noise as he moves.

***

I am horse riding in the forest with my brother and a few others. Dusk makes my vision uncertain as the woods begin to darken. Suddenly the horses become frightened as though there is a lightening storm. They are skittish and want to bolt but we don't let them. Then I see what they are afraid of; a ball of flames hovers across the sky and stops just before us. It is like a tiny sun, a beach ball engulfed in flames. It begins to split in two and I can see that inside there is a layer of meat - like a scotch egg. Blood pours out.

***

I am walking along a path in the countryside when I am attacked. Two men are there. I am pushed to the floor and one of the men lifts a huge rock above his head and crashes it down onto my skull. I am dead. But I am trapped in my body and I know I will be for ever. I can't see or talk or move but I can hear. I am put on the back of a pick-up truck.


No comments:

Post a Comment