Saturday 22 August 2009

Vanished

It is a bright sunny day and the world has just ended. I am alone in my home and worried because Tom has vanished.

I go to another house, the place I saw him last. The family who lives there is panicking because they have also lost someone. In the exact spot where Tom and the other person disappeared is a weird looking telephone and a small plank of wood standing up on one end. I pick up the phone to call Tom's mobile. It is like one of those baby-toy steering wheels but made from metal, all tattered and scratched. When I dial the number the phone goes crazy and starts to writhe in my hands as though it is alive. I press a big 'cancel' button but it doesn't work. I drop the phone and it and the plank of wood both fall into exactly the same positions they were in to start with. The family cry, "Look! Look!" and spray the objects with glue so that no one else can move them.

Tom has vanished. He is either in another dimension somewhere. Or just. Gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment