Thursday 6 August 2009

I Am Forgotten

Tom and I have to part, both knowing that he will soon forget who I am. But it is something we have to do for the good of mankind in the dawn of the apocalypse that is upon us.


I walk along a dusty road in a barren red desert. I have travelled a long way and I'm tired. I am looking for Tom. He wont know who I am but I hope despairingly that he will fall in love with me again. All hints of the sun are disappearing and I see a small farming town up ahead, machinery is silhouetted against the grey blue sky.

As I look up I see the most beautiful shooting star. It starts from nothing and glows brighter as it falls. I expect it to fade to nothing as usual, but it gets brighter and bigger until I realize it is falling straight towards me.

A rusty object like an old plane propeller crashes into the ground, dust and debris cast into the air. Then another appears, and another. It is raining giant hunks of metal.

I panic and start to run. It feels like the end of the world.

A kind passer by in a big American pick up truck stops for me and we drive to the town. I find Tom living in a hostel. It is scummy and jaded. He lets me stay with him in his room but he doesn’t know who I am.

I ask him where the bathroom is and he tells me he doesn’t know. Then he says it's at the end of the corridor. I find it but a small flight of stairs has been build over the doorway, leading to nowhere. The gap between the top of the stairs and the top of the door frame is too small to climb through. Eventually I find another bathroom.

Back in the room I plead with tom, ‘I don’t want to wait. I love you.’

‘I love you too,’ he says - but looks confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment